The Council of the National Bank reprimanded and expressed no confidence in Rozhkova and Sologub. MP Dubinskyi comments on this decision
At its meeting on October 2, the Council of the National Bank reprimanded and expressed no confidence in two members of the NBU board: first deputy chairman Katerina Rozhkova and deputy chairman Dmitry Sologub.
Bogdan Danylyshyn, the Chairman of the Council of the National Bank announced it and immediately explained the context in which the activities of Rozhkova and Sologub were assessed.
"The Council also analyzed a number of organizational and personnel issues, in particular, for violation of regulatory acts of the NBU, the Code of Ethics of the NBU employee, internal regulations for employees of the NBU, violation of the requirements of the Labor Code of Ukraine."
According to the law "On the National Bank of Ukraine", deputy chairmen of the NBU can be dismissed for nine reasons as follow:
1. The expiration of the term of office;
2. The submission of a letter of resignation of one’s free will, indicating the arguments for such a decision;
3. The entry into force of the court's guilty verdict;
4. The basis of a court decision declaring a person incapable;
5. The loss of an impeccable business reputation;
6. The establishment of the fact of providing inaccurate information when being appointing the Deputy Chairman of the National Bank;
7. Death or on the basis of a court decision on recognizing the person as missing in the established procedure or on declaring the person dead;
8. The failure to fulfill official duties, including for health reasons, for more than four months in a row;
9. The occurrence of circumstances precluding the possibility of a person being a deputy chairman of the National Bank (in accordance with parts four and five of this article).
“I consider that Katerina Rozhkova has long lost her impeccable reputation. It is confirmed by a number of criminal cases that were opened regarding her actions. I think that their number may grow as information is still being collected. Dmitry Sologub's reputation suffered when he voted for dubious or frankly criminal decisions of the NBU as part of the boards of Valeria Gontareva and Yakov Smoliy. He must be held accountable for his actions. Therefore, I believe, the question of the resignation of both persons should be contemplated. One reprimand is not enough ", - MP, Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Finance, Tax and Customs Policy Aleksandr Dubinskyi comments on the situation.
Andrey Pshenichnyi for dubinsky.pro